When you use the services offered on the BLACKCAB platform, you entrust us with your personal information. This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding that information.
Data Collection and Use
Area of applicability
This policy applies to any users of BlackCab's or its affiliates' services and anyone else who contacts BlackCab or otherwise submits information to BlackCab, except as noted below. Included here are those who use BlackCab services to:
– to request and receive transport services (passengers);
– to provide transport individually or through partner transport companies (partner driver);
– to provide delivery services (partner couriers);
The personal data operator is: S.C. BlackCab Systems S.R.L - Str. Ion Ghica, no. 4, Bucharest, Romania.
The information we collect
1. Information You Provide This includes information submitted when:
– create or update a BlackCab account, which, depending on your location and the BlackCab services you use, may include your name, email address, phone number, username and password, address, contact information payment or banking, personal code, date of birth and photo;
– submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for partner drivers);
– you consent to a background check (for partner drivers, if permitted by law);
– request services through a BlackCab application or website;
– contact BlackCab, including for customer support;
– contact other BlackCab users through our services;
– complete surveys sent to you by BlackCab or on behalf of BlackCab;
– enable features that require BlackCab access to your address book or calendar.
2. Information created when you use our services:
– Location Information Depending on the BlackCab services you use and the application settings or permissions granted by your devices, BlackCab may collect from you exact or approximate location information such as GPS, IP address and WiFi data .
– If you are a Driver or Courier Partner, BlackCab collects information about your location when the BlackCab app is running in the foreground (the app is open and displayed on the screen) or in the background (the app is open but not on the screen) on your device.
– If you are a passenger, BlackCab may collect location information when the BlackCab app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, BlackCab may also collect this information when the BlackCab application is running in the background on your device if this collection is enabled through the application settings or your device permissions.
– Passengers and delivery recipients can use the BlackCab app without allowing BlackCab to collect location information. However, this may affect the features available in your BlackCab app. For example, if you do not allow BlackCab to collect your location information, you will need to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the partner driver during the ride, even if you have not permitted BlackCab to collect your location information.
– Transaction Information We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, the date and time the service was provided, the amount charged, the distance traveled and other transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
– Information about usage and preferences We collect information about how you interact with our services, preferences expressed and settings chosen. In some cases, we do this by using cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
– Device Information We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device movement information and mobile network information.
– Log Information When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information such as your device's IP address, access dates and times, application functions or pages visited, application failures and other system activity, browser type and the third-party website or service you use before interacting with our services.
– Calls and text messages We allow users to call or send text messages to each other through the BlackCab applications. For example, we allow partner drivers, passengers, partner couriers and recipients to call or text each other without revealing their phone numbers. In order to provide this service, BlackCab receives some information about calls or text messages, including the date and time of the call/text message and the content of the text messages. BlackCab may also use this information for customer support services (including resolving disputes between users), safety and security purposes, and analytics.
– Address Book and Calendar Information If you allow BlackCab to access your address book from your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you allow BlackCab to access your address book from your device then ability to share address information from your telephone’s contact book is supported.
If you allow BlackCab to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as the event title and description, your answer (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
3. Information from other sources. These may include:
– users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments;
– BlackCab business partners through which you create or access your BlackCab account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or applications or websites that use BlackCab APIs or whose APIs are used by BlackCab;
– insurance providers (if you are a partner driver or courier);
– financial service providers (if you are a partner driver or courier);
– partner transport companies (if you are a partner driver using our services through an account associated with such a company);
– sources available to the public;
– marketing service providers.
BlackCab may combine information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How we use your information
BlackCab uses the information it collects for purposes that include:
1. Provision of Services and Functions. BlackCab uses the information we collect to provide, customize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
– to be able to carry out transport services, deliveries and other services;
– to process or facilitate payments for the respective services;
– to offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services;
– enable features that allow you to disclose information to others, such as when you send a compliment about a partner driver, when you recommend BlackCab to a friend, when you share fares or when you send friends your estimated time of arrival;
– enable BlackCab account customization features, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite destinations;
– to perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software errors and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research, and to monitor and analyze trends in usage and activity.
2. Safety and Security
We use your data to maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from the devices of driver partners to identify behaviors that could endanger traffic safety, such as exceeding the speed limit or sudden braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners about such behaviors.
3. Customer Support
BlackCab uses the information we collect (including records of customer support calls, upon your notice and with your consent) to assist you when you contact customer support services, including to:
– to direct your questions to the appropriate person in the customer support department;
– investigate and resolve your concerns;
– to monitor and improve our customer support responses.
4. Research and Development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and financial solutions related to our services.
5. Communications between users
BlackCab uses the information we collect to enable communication between our users. For example, a driver partner can text or call a passenger to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or courier partner can call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6. Communications from BlackCab
BlackCab may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. BlackCab may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, offer any associated prizes, and send you advertisements and relevant content about our services and those of our business partners.
BlackCab may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referendums and other political and policy processes related to our services.
7. Legal Procedures and Requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or resolve claims or disputes related to your use of the BlackCab Services or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
– user authentication;
– retaining user preferences and settings;
– determining the popularity of the content;
– delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
– analyzing site traffic and trends and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
BlackCab may share the information we collect:
1. Other users
– For example, if you are a passenger, we may send the driver partners your first name, the average rating given by the driver partners, and the pickup and/or destination location.
– If you are a driver or courier partner, we may send information to the passenger(s), including your name and photo; the make, model, color, number plate and photo of your vehicle; where you are; your average passenger rating; and contact information (subject to applicable laws).
If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information you submit and compliments about you sent by passengers on rides you've taken.
The passenger/delivery recipient also receives an invoice and/or receipt containing information such as a breakdown of the amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you traveled and other details about the transaction.
2. At your request
This includes sharing information about you:
– to other people at your request. For example, we may send your estimated time of arrival and your location to a friend at your request, or your ride information when you share a fare with a friend.
– BlackCab business partners. For example, if you have requested a service through a partnership or promotional offer conducted by a third party, BlackCab may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other applications or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service that we integrate with or business partners that BlackCab may work with to run a promotion, contest or specialized service.
3. To the general public when you share content in a public forum
We enjoy receiving feedback from our users — including through public forums like the BlackCab blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through these channels, the information you communicate may be publicly viewable.
4. To the owner of the BlackCab accounts to which you have user access If you use a profile associated with another user, we may send the race information to the owner of that profile. This happens, for example, if you are:
– a passenger using the BlackCab for Business profile of his employer;
– a partner driver using an account held by a partner transport company;
– a passenger taking a ride ordered by a friend
6. To BlackCab's service providers and business partners
BlackCab may provide information to suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners.
For example, BlackCab may provide information to those parties to facilitate insurance coverage, conduct surveys on our behalf, and process payments for our services.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of litigation BlackCab may disclose your information if we believe that it is required to do so by applicable laws or by any regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
– This includes sharing your information with law enforcement authorities, government authorities or other third parties, to the extent necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, user agreements or other policies, to protect the rights or property of BlackCab or the rights or property of others or in the event of a claim or dispute related to your use of our services. If you use someone else's credit card, we may be required by law to transmit information to the credit card holder, including race information.
– It also includes exchanging information with others in connection with or during negotiations regarding any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition, in whole or in part, of our business by or within another company.
8. With your consent
BlackCab may share your information in ways other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Retention and Deletion of Information BlackCab retains your information as long as your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. Subject to the exceptions described below, BlackCab deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
The deletion of the account is done by a written request to email@example.com Subject to applicable law, BlackCab may retain information after account deletion:
1. if there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as a credit remaining on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
2. if required by applicable law; and/or in aggregate and/or anonymous form;
3. BlackCab may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as preventing fraud and enhancing user safety and security. For example, if BlackCab terminates a user's account due to unsafe behavior or security incidents, BlackCab may retain certain account information to prevent that user from opening a new BlackCab account in the future.
Choices and Transparency
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps can't access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems to get your consent.
The iOS platform alerts you the first time the BlackCab app requests permission to access certain types of data and allows you to consent (or not consent) to that request.
Android devices notify you of the permissions requested by the BlackCab app prior to your first use of the app, and your use of the app constitutes your agreement.
Search for ratings
After each race, partner drivers and passengers can rate each other as well as provide feedback on how the race went. This two-way system makes everyone take responsibility for their own behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful and safe environment for both partner drivers and passengers.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in the BlackCab apps. You can also search the history of your rides, orders and deliveries in the BlackCab apps. You can also request access to, correction or copying of your information by contacting BlackCab at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The option not to receive marketing messages
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from BlackCab at email@example.com. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other communications from BlackCab by following the instructions in those communications. Please note that if you opt out of receiving messages, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates to this policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make material changes, we will notify you of the changes through the BlackCab Apps or by other means such as email. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you agree to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information about our privacy practices.